What can I do with a major in…?

  • Do YOU have a major and don’t know what you can do with it when you graduate?
  • Are YOU looking for a major to help you do what you want to do when you graduate?

If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, listen up!

You have several options to choose from to help you decide on a major:

  • Utilize the resources on campus (consult faculty and alumni)
  • Try using some of the websites listed below
  • Utilize Focus 2, which contains a career interest inventory
  • Take a 7-week course to help you get on track (Career Explorations- COL 98)

Possible Websites to help you:

Students interested in the Armed Forces may be interested in taking the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). This is a free career assessment that gives you insights into your aptitudes. Those who are interested may contact Steven Nimmo (steven.nimmo@usarec.army.mil / 816-729-2459) for details on setting up a date to take the test. Tests are administered Mon-Thurs from 2-5PM. A driver’s license and one additional form of government issued ID (Social Security card, passport) is required. Students must first fill out the appropriate forms at the recruiting station located on 8549 N Church Rd., Kansas City, Mo., before taking the actual test near Zona Rosa. Students not interested in the Armed Forces still may gain helpful potential career ideas by taking the test. More information can be found online here.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help; stop by Career Development and we can help you get on track!

Office of Career Development
William Jewell College
218 Yates-Gill College Union